Monday, July 6, 2009

Swine Flu update in Singapore

Swine Flu has been the talk of the town and we find that SIngapore has been affected a lot by this in many ways. Singapore has confirmed 52 new cases of H1N1 flu as of July 5th so totalling it to 1,055. 69 cases have been investigated and 50 were found to be local cases while 19 were imported ones. Of the cumulative number of 1,003 cases investigated thus far, 591 were local cases and 412 were imported ones.
The Health Ministry says that the current strain remains mild, except for high-risk individuals with underlying medical conditions where complications and even deaths may occur. The ministry urges members of the public who feel unwell with flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose) to promptly seek medical attention.
So be careful when you are out and try to avoid spreading it to others. Hygiene is the most important thing. Always wash your hands and close your mouth while coughing.

2 comments:

Dr. Davon Jacobson, Md said...

I honestly love this website. Your posts help to remind me why I love traveling on vacation soo much. You seem to really love your site. Aside from my medical practice, I love keeping up with the latest travel tips online. Keep up the great work and please visit by my health blog sometime. I would appreciate it. The url is http://healthy-nutrition-facts.blogspot.com

New Morden world – A Travel Blog said...

I love singapore city.But i feel very bad about swine flu in singapore.